Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Upcycled Dinosaurs???


 No, I don't mean real dinosaurs, I mean plastic ones. I found these wonderful planters on Etsy, but I think I'll let the shop owner tell you the rest.

 Here at The PDF Files I sell a mixture of PDF printables for everyday use and recycled dinosaur planters made from children's toys. I came up with the idea about a year ago, when I was moving into my dorm room at school for the first time. It was a stressful time and I wanted something unique and fun to put in my room. My brother had some dinosaur toys that he was just going to throw out and I love plants so I came out with my first dinosaur planter.
 My planter was such a hit with all of my friends and roommates that I decided to try selling them in my shop and they took off. Now I offer all types of dinosaurs as well as Lions, Tigers, Elephants and other animals with over 20 colors you can choose from. They look great in dorm rooms or any room for that matter. You also can use these guys as other things besides planters. I have had teachers purchase them and tell me that they use them as pencil and pen holders on their desks and that the kids love them.


 I recommend succulents or air plants for these guys as they are awesome plants and thrive in these guys, but you can grow what ever you like in them. They even have a small drainage hole on their tails for excess water. The Dinosaurs make great gifts and I even have a mystery dinosaur option for those who are a little more adventurous or who cant decide on just one dinosaur planter.

If you want to see what all the buzz is about, check out my store on Etsy: PDFfiles





3 comments:

LanasArtStudio said...

FUN-Tastic! Love your idea, it is so playful and fun!
Lana

J Honda said...

the planters are a fabulous idea! your blog and your shops are wonderful Deb :) Thank you, also, for commenting on my blog!

2justByou said...

Wow! Dino planters! That's really cool. Dang it...We just sold an entire box of my son's dino toys at a yard sale. =( If we hadn't sold them, I'd try a dino planter.