Thursday, January 28, 2016

Reclaimed Fabric

I have a supply shop on Etsy called Deb Upcycles Supplies where I sell fabric, lace, needlework kits and more. In the past I only listed "new" fabric yardage I found in thrift shops, In other words, fabric that hadn't been used for anything else, but I've recently started a section in my shop for reclaimed fabric.  I've collected so many curtains, sheets, tablecloths etc. to make things out of that I need to cut down my supplies.

Since I'm all about upcycling and reusing why not sell it in my supply shop? The fat quarters above started out as a sheet. I was going to tear it up for rag rugs but it was in excellent condition and such a pretty print!

I also have tons of fabric samples like the one on the left. They were bought to make pillows and some of them will make pillows but I just have so many.


The large piece of fabric on the right was a tablecloth, The edges were a bit tattered but the fabric itself was in very good condition. Again, I had bought it to make rag rugs but it was much too pretty to cut up. Anyway, what do you think? I like the idea of reclaiming good fabric from finished items, how about you?




No comments: