Wednesday, August 29, 2012

St Louis' Festival of Nations!


The Festival of Nations is a yearly event in St Louis on the last weekend in August. I've been attending for three years now, since before I actually moved here. I would have loved to have gone both days but had to work on Sunday. They have music from all over including this Reggae band. We had been walking around for awhile and took about half an hour to sit and listen. They were awesome and although I was too tired to get up and dance plenty of people did.
If your trying to decide what this has to do with living green, I guess I'll have to come up with something. Hmmm, well I did park about a mile and a half away and take the shuttle bus to the festival instead of driving around, wasting gas, trying to find a closer parking space. Does that count?

I love listening to bagpipes and this man in the weird skirt (OK I know it's a kilt) was wandering around playing it. It was wonderful, we took the time to listen even though it was starting to rain.
There were plenty of venders selling items from all over the world. This booth was from a store here in St Louis called MacroSun International. I love the place and loved browsing their booth. The offer quality, fair trade items from India, Nepal, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Pakistan and Refugees of Tibet, Burma and Afghanistan. Their online catalog can be found at http://www.macrosun.com/.

 There was lots to do and lots to eat and lots to buy. Since it's so close to my birthday every year my son let's me pick out my present here. This year I went back to my hippie roots and choose this great handbag. Already thinking about next year. If your in the area next August you need to check it out.

No comments: