Saturday, July 11, 2009

Recycling in the Garden, Some Unique Planters

I remember some time ago, in a gardening magazine, seeing an old tennis shoe set in a garden, filled with soil and planted with hens and chicks. What a wonderful idea! It looked really neat sitting there nestled in between other plants.
.
This year when I started my patio vegetable garden I scrounged planters as much as I could but still had to go out and buy a few (made from recyclable material of course). But it got me thinking about using other things to make planters from. So I did a search and here's some great ideas. Some are small, only suitable for indoor use and some would have worked for my garden, so here they are.
.
A wooden orange crate and more
.
Old wooden toolbox
.
Recycled Pop/Soda Bottles
.
Empty cans
.
Seed starting planters out of newspaper
.
And some kids projects

1 comment:

CrochetMeMad said...

I really love the idea of using repurposing other items for flower pots. I've seem facinating one. Sadly our park will not less us use anything "unusual". I once used an old wooden screen door as a back drop for my roses. They made me take it back down. (So Boring). At any rate I still love reading about how others repurpose things for their yard. Goldie