Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Pillow for Kaitlin



My neighbor's daughter just left for a college over 1000 miles away. I wanted to give her something that would remind her of home. Her grandfather passed away last year so I thought it might be a good idea to make her a pillow out of one of her grandfathers shirts. I talked it over with her mom and we chose this shirt for the pillow. The picture is rather dark, you can see the colors of the shirt better in the last picture.


 I took it home and measured it and decided what size to make it. A lot of times I can't save the pockets,  but with a little fudging I was able to save the pockets on this one. I think they look great with the pockets and give you a place to tuck away little things. After all Kaitlin will be in a dorm room with two other girls.

Here's the finished pillow, Kaitlin loved it and recognized the fabric as her grandpa's shirt. It made me feel good that I could give her this little memory to take with her.

I normally just sell the covers, but this is a gift so I had to include the pillow form. Since this is the one I use to model my pillow covers, I may not be posting any 16" pillow covers until I can replace it!

I've made quite a few pillow covers out of shirts and other clothing and other things. Check them out in my Etsy store Deb Upcycles.

No comments: